The Y's Happily Ever After

August 20, 2012

San Juan Island Trip

This is a long overdue post about our trip out west to visit my parent in the San Juan Islands, off the coast of Washington State.

Luckily, the 5 1/2 hour flight was pretty uneventful....long but thanks to and empty seat between TJ and I and compression socks it wasn't that cramped or too bad.  Mom and Dad Y also joined us...sitting right behind us.  Thanks to Mom Y, I got up every hour to stretch, move around and use the bathroom.

We arrived to see my parents (holding blue, "It's a boy," balloons) and TJ's sister, Tracey and 65 degree weather....seriously WONDERFUL :)

We began the journey from the airport to the ferry, about an hour drive.  Then it was an hour ferry ride to Friday Harbor...once off the ferry, we drove 10 minutes to my parents house.  TJ and I went last year and could definitely see all the hard work and changes my parents made.

Here are some of the views from my parents porch...breathtaking!
 Night View

We got to see the whales..........
 TJ and his sister ran the Anacortes Half Marathon together and we followed them in the car.
 
 Bentley Cheering them on...

 Still smiling



 TJ won by default as Tracey missed the finish line :)

Beer after the race!!

We took a trip to Victoria, British Columbia for the day and stopped at the world famous fish and chip place...super yummy!!


We visited the Lavender gardens...although I'm allergic it smelled pretty!!



My parents became friends with Bentley's sister, Holly, and we got to see them play together...so cute!!



We spent lots of time relaxing, catching up, going on walks, roasting marshmallows at the fire pit and enjoying the weather.  It was so nice to spend a full week with my parents and while I miss them every day I look forward to seeing them again soon :)


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. Looks like you guys had a blast.

    I'd love to feature this post on our Northwest-based site. Email me for details!

    shondra (at) dwellable (dot) com

    Thanks!
    Shondra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing and what a super sweet surprise to arrive to all those It's A Boy balloons. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete