The Y's Happily Ever After

January 9, 2013

One Month Old

William is officially 4 weeks (one month old) today :)  He hasn't had an appointment since his 2 week appointment so I'm not sure of his official height and weight.  He was 9 lbs 2 oz at his 2 week appointment and according to the scale (me weighing myself (not fun by the way) and then weighing myself with him) I believe he is a little closer to 10 lbs now.


Height/Weight - unofficially about 10 pounds I think...will let you know what his two month appointment brings!

Eating- We are breastfeeding and bottle feeding at every meal.  Due to a severe low milk supply (boo!) I have to supplement with formula.  I have finally accepted the fact that my baby boy will not be exclusively breast fed.  I am happy to report that he is getting breast milk at every meal and every little bit helps.  The lactation consultant guesses he gets about 0.5 - 1.5 oz of breast milk at each feeding.  I am using an SNS system (which if you have used one can be tricky and isn't too much fun, however, William is great at latching on).  I'm still pumping and trying my best to have a very small supply available for Will.

Sleep- William typically sleeps in 2-3 hour stretches during the day and 3 hour stretches at night.  Monday night he slept for 4 hours straight and last night made it 5 hours (I seriously didn't know what to do with myself).  I was very optimistic, however as I write this post he is currently fighting going to sleep tonight....so finger crossed for at least a three hour stretch??

Play- He loves to talk and play with his play mat in the morning and right before bath time at night.  He will smile, coo and track the hanging monkey's and lights.  Currently his favorite thing is our ceiling fan with lights.  He stares and talks to them so much we have named them Louie the light and Freddy the fan :)  He likes to grip hands and lift his head during tummy time.

Likes - Eating, Bath time (as long as the water is warm), he gets a really cute, happy look on his face when he poops, cuddles, blowing on his belly, white noise and the hair dryer.  We have recently discovered the MOBY and we love it!!  He loves kicking and moving his arms.

Dislikes - His car seat, the first 5-10 minutes of every car ride, being cold, sleeping (he seems to fight sleep frequently), binkies.  He enjoys and sleeps better when being swaddled but if he isn't in the mood to sleep he can get out of any swaddled position (with a blanket, sleep sack, or swaddle me sleeper).

We are still enamored by our little William :)




1 comment:

  1. He is doing great - and you are doing great! Love, love, love the Moby. Hopefully it might score you a few minutes of daytime sleep! I used to get Aubrey asleep in there and then slowly sit on the couch and get a few minutes of tv/computer/mindless time.

    ReplyDelete