The Y's Happily Ever After

January 17, 2013

Thankful on Thursday

So many things to be thankful for :)

1) My husband who is always telling me that I'm a great mommy and doing a wonderful job.

2) Leo for putting up with Mommy, even if she yells at him for barking at a plastic bag right after Will fell asleep.  He has been doing a great job with William and is starting to be more interested in him.

3) A successful trip to Wegmans, by myself :)  (William isn't a fan of the car, mainly because he hates his car seat, until we get going and he either calms himself or falls asleep....up until that point he likes to cry and scream which makes mommy nervous and usually leads to a few stops on the way to places so Mommy can calm William down).  So this was my first solo trip in the car.  Not only did I make it to Wegmans, I ate lunch there and went to Michaels.  All of this with a happy baby in the car seat!!  The car ride home wasn't the best as he was getting hungry, but I did it :)

4) Three successful trips to Target.  Up until now, every single time I walked into Target, William would scream (the embarrassing kind) causing me to leave.  Seeing as I LOVE target, I was devastated.  Thanks to the Moby, on two occasions, and the car seat on the other we are now making successful trips to Target :)

5) A Little more Sleep (I'm not going to say anything else so I don't jinx it!!!!)

6) A wonderful Mom who gives me advice and assures me that I'm doing a great job on a daily basis.  I love you!

7) The ability to take 12 weeks off to spend with William.  I realized today that if I only took 6 weeks, I would be going back to work on Wednesday....seriously, way to early for me!!  I am so very thankful that we are able to afford me taking 12 weeks off to spend with our little man.  It is not going to be pretty when I have to go back to work...at least it will be my mom watching him for awhile :)

8)Yoga pants....need I say more!!

9) Being able to shower....while I usually take a super quick shower and don't always have time to wash my hair, I am thankful that William has allowed me to shower on a pretty regular basis!

10) Morning smiles and talking.  William is very active and alert when he wakes up for good in the morning (usually between 7-8 am).  This is my favorite time of the day because he smiles at me, coo's, and does a great job playing on his back and tummy.  We even get to snuggle for quite some time after our playtime and sometimes take a little nap before the next feeding!!

11) Louie the Light and Freddie the Fan....William is in love with our ceiling fans and the lights on them so we have named them Louie and Freddie and we enjoy seeing him smile and talk away to Louie and Freddie.

12) Being a Mom....the hardest thing I have ever done, but the BEST thing in the world.  Even when it gets tough and I'm being screamed at, I remind myself of just how lucky I am to be William's Mommy. The random smiles and grabbing of my finger or bra strap when feeding is a wonderful reminder of how lucky and thankful I truly am!!

13) Being a family of four...truly AMAZING :)

No comments:

Post a Comment