The Y's Happily Ever After

August 23, 2011

Earthquake

We survived the 5.9 magnitude earthquake today :)  Happy to report that everyone, including Leo is safe and sound.  The house didn't sustain any injuries...other than a few fallen pictures!
It was pretty impressive....shaking for about 1 1/2 minutes....enough for it to register that it was an earthquake and be a little scared!
I was at work....in my new building which isn't quite finished so we have had people banging on the roof and all around the building the past few days.  I was on the phone with the KLC (20 minutes away) and I laughed and said, "I'm sorry, but it feels like we are having an earthquake here," to which she responded, "Yeah, I feel the same thing...we need to get off the phone!"  I then jumped up with a teacher I just met and stood in the doorway watching the cars move outside my window!!  Weird!!  (At least I wasn't in the elevator).

I guess now we have to deal with the aftershocks!!  Just glad everyone is safe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment