The Y's Happily Ever After

January 3, 2012

Holiday 2011 in Review

Here is what we have been up to for the last two weeks :)

December 24th - we celebrated Kucci (pronounced koochie) with the Yuditsky's.  This twelve-dish Lithuanian Christmas Eve supper  consists of twelve meatless dishes representing the twelve Apostles.
After the lord's prayer the mother of the household will anoint each person present with honey, making the sign of the Cross on their lips, saying: "In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit: may you have sweetness and many good things in life and in the new year."

This year we had crab cakes, coleslaw, shrimp salad, perogies, crab rangoons, potato salad, celery with cream cheese, rolls, shrimp, peas, salmon, and olives.  It was a fun time had by all with lots of full tummies!!
 The table set for Kucci.

Shelby and Cora playing :)

December 25th - TJ and I drove back home Christmas Eve so that we could spend Christmas morning together.  We woke up, got our coffee, lit the German Christmas Tree, played Christmas music, opened presents and then I made my first ever batch of Biscuits and Gravy.  This was a great way to start off Christmas....no tears shed!
 Ready for Christmas morning....
 Lighting the German thingy...
 The happy family!!
 Leo playing with his Christmas toys!
More toys!!
More Toys....give me Mommy!
Camera....TJ actually gave this to me a few days prior :)

Leo helping to open presents!


More cold weather running gear!


Massage for me and one of my friends!!

Cool scarf/shaw from my Mom :)


So I had to lie to TJ for a week and tell him that I would never order him a quilt so he must have read the box wrong....he figured it out when he opened the box!!

I made him a shirt quilt with all his old Harley shirts that are too big!!


REI gift card from the Parents

Stampin up gift card from the parents!




TJ made this wine rack for me :)

Biscuits and Gravy!!!       


Shelby playing with Leo

TJ blowing up the ball pit we got Shelby and Cora :)


Playing the cool game my parents got the Yuditsky's...Planko


Cora     
Overall a wonderful Christmas with a wonderful family :)  Hope your Holiday's were merry and bright!

No comments:

Post a Comment