The Y's Happily Ever After

March 6, 2011

Skiing at Whitetail

I know this is a little bit overdue....but I finally got TJ to go skiing :) I won ski passes from DC101...probably because not too many other people are up and driving to work when I am....nonetheless....a free ski trip was my way of getting the hubby on the slopes. Now I LOVE skiing and have been many times with friends and family and even have my own ski's.
On a beautiful Saturday in January, we traveled to Whitetail for a fun filled day of skiing!
The day started off a little rocky since my ski boots were way too tight (I literally couldn't feel my toes) so I ended up having to go back and rent ski's before we hit the slopes.
TJ did an awesome job (even if he complained the first few times). He didn't fall while getting off the slopes and actually let me take his poles and teach him how to turn. After several rounds on the bunny slope, we took a break for lunch. Why do you devour your food when skiing. Anywho, after lunch, TJ was on a roll and had mastered the bunny slope and decided to go up on the bigger chair lift to try out a long green run. Now had we inspected the map more closely, we would have noticed that a small part of the long green trail turned into a blue trail. Let's just say that TJ did a great job (despite it being more difficult and higher up on the mountain) UNTIL we hit the blue part of the trail. I honestly think he syked himself out and ended up walking the blue part. I was in heaven skiing to the bottom to wait for him. Once he reached the green part of the trail again, he put his ski's back on and finished the trail. That was our last trail and we went home. TJ said to me in the car, "Don't ever ask me to go skiing again....I did it once for you and am done!" I'm hoping that when we have kids, he will change his mind, because he honestly did an excellent job for his first time skiing :)
Here are some pictures of him skiing :) He is in the Gray Jacket :)




No comments:

Post a Comment