The Y's Happily Ever After

October 29, 2011

Cupcakes

So......I've decided to start making different cupcakes just for fun!  Since it was a cold, snowy, sleety and yucky day, I decided to try and make one of my first homemade batches of cupcakes :)  I always make the frosting myself, but haven't tried making the actual cupcakes myself.  Today I made chocolate cupcakes with a vanilla cream cheese frosting from scratch!  OMG............the frosting is to die for....seriously it's pretty amazing!!  The cupcakes themselves are pretty good.  The recipe called for good cocoa but I only had hersey's in the cupboard and I used skim milk instead of whole milk.   Leo loved the frosting...hehehe :)  I think I need a new frosting bag as mine seemed to be too small (I just bought the wiltons decorating kit from BBAB) cause the frosting kept coming out the top no matter what I did and I could only frosting three cupcakes at a time!   Any suggestions????
TJ approved and he typically doesn't care too much for sweets!!  Leo of course begged for a cupcake but can't have one because of the chocolate...still he begged!!  All in  all a pretty big hit in our household :)




Up next....Oreo cupcakes, pecan pie cupcakes, and Apple cupcakes with caramel cream cheese frosting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment